Use the roles of Assignees and Participants to effectively manage incoming messages and make sure all student inquiries are answered.
Assignees and participants are internal members of your organization that communicate to students within Conversations451. Students are not considered assignees or participants.
Assignees and participants:
- Can reply to conversation messages
- Add conversation notes
- Manage who is the assignee and who are participants
- Receive an email anytime a student responds that includes the student’s name, the conversation title, and the content of the student’s response
Adding Assignees and Participants
To become a participant of a conversation: click Join Conversation on the bottom of the conversation.
To add a participant when creating an email conversation: add the participant’s email address to the participants field.
To add or remove participants in existing conversations: click on the three dots icon in the upper right of the conversation. Click Edit Participants. Note: you must be an assignee or participant to use this method
To automatically add assignees or participants, set an action of “add participant” or “add assignee” within a rule. Learn how to use and set rules.
Things to have in mind:
- There is only one assignee per conversation, but there can be multiple participants.
- When you create a new conversation you are automatically added as the first participant. You will continue to receive notifications as long as you are a participant or assignee.
- Assignees are not automatically added to a conversation unless specified in rules.