1. Navigate to the Export tab of the Data module.
2. Click the blue plus icon in the top right to create a new export task. Choose to export Data and then click Next.
3. Choose a name for your export and then click Create.
4. You will be taken to the first tab of the task set-up, called segments. Here, you can choose which subset of students to include in the export. Click the yellow-orange Load Segment button, and a list of all of your saved segments will appear. To learn more about creating segments, see here.
Click on the Evaluations card so that we can export test scores.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Make any desired modifications to the export settings.
6. Navigate to the Mapping tab of the export task. You can select a mapping template, if you have one, or build your own. Remember to fill in the information next to "Export to," including naming the export file.
For this example, we will add in the mappings.
7. Click Add Column and choose Standard. In the search bar, type in the test score or type you would like to export. Here, we are looking for SAT scores (not prior to March 2016). We can select multiple fields at once.
Once you have all of the fields you would like selected, click Add. Don't worry if you later realize you forgot fields--you can still add more. For this example, we have not added First Name, Last Name, or Email Address yet. Repeat step 7 to add those in. Under this Mapping tab, it is also possible to alter the order of the rows by clicking at the far left of the row and moving it up or down.
If you think you will do a similar export again, you can click on Save as Template in the top right and name this template to save you from having to repeat this step for later exports.
8. Navigate to the Destination tab. You can export directly to SFTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3. For this example, though, we will choose to send an email link. Input the email address to which you would like the export file sent and press the tab key to save.
9. Navigate to the Preview tab. Here, you will see how the data will appear in your export file. Based on this preview, you might decide to make changes in the Mapping tab.
10. Once you are happy with the Preview, navigate to the Run Task tab. Here, you can choose to either immediately run the task or to schedule for the future (to run once or on a regular basis).
To learn more about importing and exporting in Element451, see here.