On this page, we will show you how to set up application fees in Element451 (including Waiver codes). First, you will need to work with the Element451 Customer Success team to integrate payment providers. See Element451's list of preferred payment providers here. The rest of this article will assume that your payment providers are set up.
1. Navigate to the All Applications tab of the App451 module. Select the application to which you would like to add a fee.
2. Once you are in the application editor, click the pencil icon in the top right.
3. In this window, you can make several edits to the overall application. For the application fee, navigate to the Payment Info tab. Toggle to Yes to activate payment.
4. Under Payment Methods, check which payment methods you would like to accept. Note that these will only work if you have the relevant payment providers integrated with Element451.
5. Select the amount of the application fee and currency type. In the Account box, type something that indicates what this payment is for. It will show up as the item on statements for both your school's accounting department and in the student's personal bank account.
6. Toggle the required option on or off, based on your school's policies.
7. If you allow students to pay by Personal Check, input the recipient's name in the "Paid to" box and the address to which the check should be mailed.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the window to see Waiver options.
Click "Edit waiver codes" to modify which waiver codes appear. You can also access this page by going to the Settings tab under the App451 module.
9. Click the blue plus icon to add a Waiver Code.
Under the General tab, you can fill in the code, activate or deactivate the code, give it a name, give it a description (for internal use), and specify what amount or percentage of the fee the waiver covers.
Under the Usage Limit tab, you can further specify usage of the code.
Under the Works For tab, you can select which applications you would like the Waiver Code to work for.
You can also edit existing Waiver Codes at any time by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of the Waiver Code name in Application Settings.