On this page, we will cover
- How to include an unsubscribe option in your communications using Element451's pre-made footer blocks
- How to manually create an unsubscribe button or link
In the Campaigns module, several of Element451's footer blocks now include an unsubscribe option. See an example here:
The unsubscribe text in this pre-created footer block already links to an unsubscribe token for that student. When a student clicks to unsubscribe, Element451 will automatically link that action to the student's Element451 account based on the personalized unsubscribe token included in the link.
To manually create an unsubscribe email link in the footer of an email, follow these steps:
- Add the text that you want the recipient to click on to unsubscribe: for example, "Click Here to Unsubscribe".
- Highlight the text and select the insert link button
- Add the unsubscribe token in the link pictured below
Note: According to the CAN-SPAM Act, it is required to provide your recipients with an easy way to opt out of marketing messages.